Stephens County Frontier Days and Bob Drake Memorial Chuckwagon Cook-off, sponsored by the Breckenridge Chamber of Commerce, is set for Friday and Saturday, May 3 and 4, at the Breckenridge City Park.
Citizens are encouraged to enter the Stick Horse Races, 42 Tournament, Cow Patty Bingo, Horseshoe Pitching Tournament, Bake-off Contest, Tug of War and Pet Parade.
The event will feature fun zone rides, the sixth annual Breckenridge Idol Talent Search, bounce houses, tons of vendors, loads of entertainment, Kiwanis of Breckenridge Miss Breckenridge Pageant and much more.
• The Great Pony Express Stick Horse Race, sponsored by The Shirt Shop. Registration will take place at 5:30 p.m. Friday, May 3. Ages include 5 and under; six to 12; and businesses. To enter a team, contact The Shirt Shop at 254-559-2775 or the Chamber of Commerce.
• T.C. Fambro and The Copperheads will perform at 7 p.m. Friday, May 3, to kick off the Breckenridge Idol competition.
• Seventh annual Breckenridge Idol Talent Search, 7:30 p.m. Friday, May 3, featuring talent from the Big Country. The competition is sponsored by KLXK 93.5 FM/KROO 1430 AM, KOOL 94.7 FM, Wayne's Music World and the Breckenridge Chamber of Commerce.
The winner will receive $500 (Courtesy of Breckenridge McDonald's) along with a professional studio recording session courtesy of Wayne's Music World. Second prize is $200 and third place will receive $125.
• The Bob Drake Memorial Chuckwagon Cook-off, is set for noon Saturday, May 4. Tickets cost $10 and include a chicken fried steak meal, potatoes, beans, bread, dessert and drink. They are available at the Chamber of Commerce office.
• Kickball Tournament, sponsored by Our Town. Registration will be Saturday, May 4.
• The Frontier Days Bake-Off, sponsored by Shawna's Bake Barn, will take place at 10 .m. Saturday, May 4. Categories include Pies, cakes and cookies. Two age categories include a Youth Division (18 and younger) and an Adult Division (19 and older). Winners will be announced at 11 a.m.
• The “Strut Your Mutt” Pet Parade, sponsored by the Stephens County Humane Society.
Registration is set for 1:30 p.m. Saturday, May 4. The competition will begin at 2 p.m. Categories include: Best Costume, Best of Show (Adult) and Best of Show (Puppy).
• The 2013 Flash Run, sponsored by the Adam Nicholas Garcia Agriculture Scholarship Fund, is set for Saturday, May 4. Registration is set for 5-7 p.m. Friday, May 3 and 7:30-8:30 a.m. Saturday, May 4. The run will start at 9 a.m.
• The Miss Breckenridge Pageant, sponsored by the Kiwanis Club of Breckenridge, 6 p.m. Saturday, May 5.
To purchase tickets for an event, enter an event, or for a schedule of events, please contact the Breckenridge Chamber of Commerce at 254-559-2301.