The First United Methodist Church of Breckenridge is collecting donations for the Central Texas Conference Center for Mission Support and is coordinating with other Texas conferences regarding the refugee crisis along the U.S. border, emphasis on the Texas border.
The following items have been identified as urgent needs:
• Baby Toiletries (infant to toddler)
• Baby Wipes
• New Tennis Shoes: Women (6 to 7) • Children's Blankets
• New Tennis Shoes: Children (sizes 2-12)
• Disposable Diapers
• Nido Baby Formula/Powdered Milk
• General Toiletries
• Rebozos (baby slings/wraps) • Children's Blankets
• New Women's Cotton Underwear (sizes 5 and under)
• New Children's Cotton Underwear • Trash Bags
• Hygiene Products (sanitary napkins, no tampons) • Small Towels
• Small Backpacks
• Easy Open Snacks
• Easy Open Juices
• Reading Glasses
• New Women's Pants (small sizes)
Donations are greatly appreciated.
Donated items must be new at this time and only those items on the list will be accepted.
Make sure all donations are contained and labeled before being dropped off at the FUMC Atrium by Sunday, July 20, or by the Church Fellowship Night on July 20, in the FUMC Christian Life Center.
The donated items will be delivered to the appropriate designated person, Rev. Laraine Waughtal, CTC Disaster Response Coordinator.