The Breckenridge ISD Superintendent's Council of Presidents will hold its Second annual Award of Academic Excellence Banquet at 6:30 p.m. Tuesday, May 20, at the First United Methodist Church.
Tickets will cost $10 per person for the event. A meal is included in the cost of a ticket.
At the banquet, students in grades 9-12 will be recognized for their academic excellence.
• Freshmen-3.5 GPA or better with at least one honors class.
• Sophomores-3.5 GPA or better with at least one honors class.
• Juniors-3.6 GPA or better with at least two honors classes.
• Seniors-3.65 GPA or better with at least two honors classes.
The Superintendent's Council of Presidents was organized in the 2009 school year.
The council was organized to engage BHS student leaders to take an active role in improving the academic environment of BISD.
The members of the Council of Presidents consist of the President and Vice-President for each of the Senior, Junior, Sophomore and Freshman classes.
The BHS Student Council President and Vice-President also are members with the remaining leadership being made up of the FFA President, Band President, National Honor Society President, Yearbook President, Drama President, Head Cheerleader, along with a Boys and Girls Athletic representative.
The first BUCKS Award of Academic Excellence and Banquet took place on May 28, 2013.
The award and banquet were supported by private sponsors.
The Council members plan to continue that goal for the 2014 banquet.
Sponsorships available include:
• Gold Sponsor-Financial Gift of $1,000 or more-Will receive an appreciation gift and a complimentary table for eight.
• Silver Sponsor-Financial Gift between $500 and $1,000-Will receive four complimentary banquet tickets.
• Bronze Sponsor-Financial Gift under $500-Will receive two complimentary banquet tickets.
To be a sponsor of the event, contact Breckenridge High School principal Bryan Dieterich at 254-559-2231 or Jennings Teel at 559-2278.