BEDC approves 2022-2023 Economic Development Action Plan
The Breckenridge Economic Development Corporation (BEDC) recently approved a 2022-2023 Economic Development Action Plan. This plan outlines the primary objectives set by the BEDC board and its staff to direct time utilization and allocation of resources to support such key priorities and effectively communicate the organization’s projected projects to the general public and community stakeholders.
The plan has prioritized the following for 2022-2023:
• Incentivise and implement new housing developments to support existing business and industry growth;
• Downtown revitalization projects;
• Recruitment of a name-brand hotel;
• Industrial loop improvements;
• Broadband internet study and guide implementation;
• Foster partnerships with regional, state, and national entities to support economic and community development within Stephens County.
“Over the course of the last year, the BEDC has kicked into high gear to promote community growth and economic development within Stephens County. With the Board of Directors approving a staff recommended action plan for the next year, the BEDC is fully committed to tackling specific objectives to make Breckenridge a better place to work, live, and raise a family,” Colton Buckley, CEO/ Executive Director of Breckenridge Become said.
Breckenridge Become is the strategic organizational alignment of the BEDC, Breckenridge Chamber of Commerce, Industrial Foundation, and Improvement Council.